Swiss Constitution in English
The Federal Chancellery informed mid September that it published a fully revised English translation of the Federal Constitution. This complements the available offering in the national languages and also responds to growing demand. However, as English is not an official language of Switzerland, the Chancellery informs that these translations are provided for information purposes only and have no legal force. There are no plans to translate all Swiss legislation into English.
- Access to the Swiss Constitution (pdf or html)
- Chapter One: Fundamental Rights
- Fully revised English translation of the Federal
Press Release of the Federal Chancellery, 8 September 2008
- The Swiss Confederation, a brief guide 2008
- The National Foreign Act has been translated in Spanish by three lawyers. The translation was published by the Timéli Editions from Geneva on July 5th, 2008: Traducción de la Ley Federal de Extranjería y Ordenanzas de Ejecución 2008