International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) - Implementation in Switzerland
Adopted on 18 December 1979
Entered into force: 3 September 1981
About the Convention
- General information on the CEDAW
Upon ratification, Switzerland made three reservations, of which two were since withdrawn.
Optional Protocol (OP CEDAW): Individual complaints procedure
The OP CEDAW entered into force for Switzerland on 29 December 2008.
Reports by Switzerland
So far, the expert body on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) examined two cycles of periodic reports submitted by Switzerland together. The third report was finished in 2009. The fourth and fifth reports wer handed in together in December 2014. The hearing before the Committee took place in autumn 2016.
- Initial and second periodic report by Switzerland (2001 - 2003)
- Third periodic report by Switzerland (2008-2009)
- Fourth and fifth periodic report by Switzerland (2014-2016)
- Sixth periodic report by Switzerland (2019)
- Contact person at the Federal Administration: Sylvie Durrer, Federal Office for Gender Equality (FOGE), Tel. +41 58 462 79 83, E-mail
- Contact person NGO:
NGO-Koordination Post Beijing Schweiz, E-mail