Implementation of the ICESCR: 2018-2019 report
On 14 February 2018, the Federal Council submitted its fourth report on the implementation of the UN International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) to the UN Social Committee in Geneva and has started the third reporting cycle with some delay – the fourth report should have been due in June 2015.
- Vierter Bericht der Schweiz zur Umsetzung des Internationalen Paktes über die wirtschaftlichen, sozialen und kulturellen Rechte (UNO-Pakt I)
14 February 2018, (German, pdf, 139 p.)
- Vierter Bericht der Schweiz zu Pakt I über wirtschaftliche, soziale und kulturelle Rechte
Federal Council press release, 14 February 2018 (German)
In August 2018, the NGO Platform Humanrights presented the Committee suggestions for the list of issues which need to be addressed.
- Contributions for the Civil Society “List of Issues” (“Platform of Swiss NGOs for Human Rights”) on the Swiss Government's obligations to respect and protect economic, social and cultural rights (ESC Rights)
the NGO Platform Humanrights, August 2018 (pdf, 25 p.)
On 19 October 2018, the Pre-Sessional Working Group forwarded the list of issues to Switzerland.
- List of issues in relation to the fourth periodic report of Switzerland
- ICESCR - International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights - 63 Pre-Sessional Working Group (15 Oct 2018 - 19 Oct 2018)
Information on the website of the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
On 6 September 2019, the Platform of Swiss NGOs on Human Rights submitted its shadow report to the Committee.
- Civil society’s parallel report on the Swiss Government's obligations to respect and protect economic, social and cultural rights
Platform of Swiss NGOs for Human Rights, 6 September 2019 (French, pdf, 27 p. / English, pdf, 27 p.)
The delibarations on the fourth Swiss report will take place during the 66th session of the Social Committee between 30 September and 18 October 2019 in Geneva. During the same session, the Committee will also address the reports by Denmark, Ecuador and Israel.
- Information on the 66th session
Website of the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Final remarks and suggestions by the Committee
- Concluding observations 21 October 2019
21 October 2019 (french, pdf, 10 p.)