International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD) - Implementation in Switzerland
Adopted on 21 December 1965
Entry into force on 4 January 1969
Ratified by 177 States (as at 26 May 2014; current count)
- General information on the ICERD
Switzerland made two reservations upon ratification of the Convention.
Procedure of individual communication
On 19 June 2003, the procedure of individual communication according to Art. 14 entered into force in Switzerland.
Reports by Switzerland
To this day, Switzerland has submitted four reports to the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- First periodic report (1996-1998)
- Second and thrid periodic reports (1997-2002)
- Fourth, fifth and sixth periodic reports (2006-2008)
- Seventh, eighth and ninth periodic reports (2012-2014)
- Tenth, eleventh and twelfth implementation report by Switzerland (2018-?)
- Federal Administration:
Christoph André Spenlé, Directorate of International Law (DFA), Tel. +41 58 462 86 81, E-mail
- Eva Wiesendanger, Service for Combating Racism (FDHA), Tel. +41 58 464 10 35, E-mail
- For the NGO Report:
Andrea Filippi, humanrights.ch / MERS, tel. 031 302 01 61, E-mail