Convention against discrimination of women: First and second periodic report by Switzerland, 2001 - 2003
State report by Switzerland
The combined initial and second periodic report submitted by Switzerland on the implementation of the Convention was finalised in December 2001, under the auspices of the Federal office for equality between men and women. It was examined by the Committee on 8 July 2002.
- Combined initial and second periodic report submitted by Switzerland
presented to the CEDAW on 8 July 2002 (pdf, 160 p.)
- Addendum to the combined periodic report submitted by Switzerland
presented to the CEDAW on 7 November 2002 (pdf, 4 p.)
NGO shadow report
The Post-Beijing Coordination non governmental organisation played an important role in the implementation of the Convention. Together with humanrights.ch / MERS, it coordinated and edited the Shadow Report, or Black Book - a reaction of the Swiss civil society to the implemantaion of the Convention and the reports submitted by the state.
- NGO Report to the first and second periodic report of Switzerland on the implementation of the CEDAW
Edited by the Post-Beijing Coordination and humanrights.ch / MERS, 23 December 2002 (pdf, 32 p.)
- Press release of the NGO-Coordination Post-Beijing Switzerland and humanrights.ch / MERS
20 December 2001 (in German, pdf, 1 p.)
Presentation of the first and second state report to CEDAW
On 14 January 2003 a Swiss delegation presented the first and second report by Switzerland concerning the implementation of the Convention to the Committee in New York.
in Women's Anti-discrimination Committee Raise Questions Concerning
Reports of Switzerland on Compliance with Convention
Press release of CEDAW: presentation of the Swiss report and questions by the CEDAW, 14 January 2003
- Federalism in Switzerland no hindrance to social change
Press release of CEDAW: answers of the Swiss delegation, 17 January 2003